Paul's World

Monday, August 07, 2006

heartbroken




soooooo today was duke, and i must say, this whole college searching stuff completely wears me out. so i'm copying and pasting the letter i wrote to dr. k:

Hey Dr. K,

Just wanted to let you know that I went to Duke today with my brother Austin, and... I left feeling indifferent, and that made me feel disappointed. The info. session was also informative, but it lacked a certain... well ya know how Katie had this sparkle and bounce when she talked about STMA? Everyone at William and Mary had that, whether they were talking about class size, cost, or extra curriculars. My tour guide, absolutely adored her school.

Today, it felt like everyone was just kind of going through a script. We watched this one video and, I'm sure the students in the video sincerely felt whatever they said, but it was rehearsed and too, perfect almost. I realize they're trying to sell their college, but... I can't really explain it. Then the tour guide today was really nice and smart, but he was just there talking, and he wasn't telling me anything.

So Duke's now off my list and I'm glad and relived, but at the same time really let down. I'd always thought Duke was just the greatest school and it's not.

Mom and I will be going to Davidson on Thursday, so hopefully by Thursday night I should know if I want to do Early Decision for W&M and start focusing on that.

Thanks for listening!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

the end. so i'm exhausted. good thing breyers was on sale!!!!! two for one. oh yes.

1 Comments:

  • i'm sorry!! that's so sad!!! i went to unc on saturday and the bits and pieces that i saw were gorgeous but i want to go back and get a real tour of the campus and then hoefully on september 8 i'll be taking a tour of meredith to see how that is....who know, maybe i'll run into someone i know there ;oP....but anyways i know you'll find that perfect school for you....we should make plans to go look at some of the same schools and who nevers maybe we'll get lost and find a ben & jerry's again!!!!

    By Blogger Mandy, at 2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home